Acropolis Highlights – A Mythology Tour 2023
Learn all about ancient Greek myths and legends on this guided tour.
About Athens Greek Mythology Tour
In this 4-hour tour, learn all about Athens’ most important sites, the myths, and the interesting stories behind them. On this great tour, you will visit the Temple of Zeus, the Ancient Agora, and the majestic Acropolis.
Athens Mythology Tour
Unravel the fascinating world of Greek mythology, gods, and heroes by going on an Athens Mythology Tour. Visit the most important landmarks of Athens on this 4-hour long tour, and learn all about the myths behind these sites. The Athens Mythology tour includes the visit to the magnificent Acropolis of Athens, the Ancient Agora, and the Temple of Zeus. Learn all about the connection these ancient landmarks have with the greek gods and goddesses.
Meet your tour guide next to the Acropolis at the main entrance of Olympian Zeus and hear all about Greek mythology and its connection to real-life monuments. Learn about the birth of Athens – the glorious city, and its development throughout the Golden Age. Visit all the popular landmarks, such as the Theater of Dionysus, Parthenon, and Temple of Athena Nike.
The Athens mythology tour is suitable for everyone! See the ruins of the Sanctuary of Asclepius and the Temple of Erechtheion. Discover the Temple of Hephaestus and the Temple of Olympian Zeus and learn about the Agora’s functions.
- Guided mythology-based walking tour of Athens
- Expert licensed English and French-speaking guide
- Wireless tour guide system (receivers and single-use earpieces included)
- Entrance to the Acropolis, Temple of Olympian Zeus, and the Ancient Agora
Tour Meeting Point
Tour meeting point is in front of the entrance to the Temple of Olympian Zeus. There, you need to swap your voucher for a paper ticket.
Wander Athens with a passionate historian, exploring the social, cultural, and political foundations that spawned Ancient Greek mythology
See truly iconic sights like the Acropolis, Parthenon, Erechtheion, and Hephaisteion, discovering their place in history and learning their secrets
Delve into the heralded stories of Greek gods like Zeus, Athena, and Poseidon, and find the truth that gave birth to legends which traveled the globe
Lik what you see? Book your Greek Mythology tour today!
Easy & Fast booking process
Good to know before you go
- Infants should be booked with strictly no less than 2 adults
- Each child using a tag-along or a bike seat must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that the total duration of the tour is flexible and adjustable according to the group’s average speed, and it may be a maximum of half an hour less or more than the indicated time
- Free bike seats are provided for infants from 0-4 years
- Be sure to bring an identification document for each participant
- Meals for infants aged 0-4 years old are to be paid on the spot if needed (maximum €15)
- Tours operate rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
- All customers 17 years old and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- What to bring: passport or ID card, comfortable shoes and clothes
What is Athens in Greek mythology?The city is named after Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. In Greek Mythology, the city of Athens was created when God decided to have a contest and name the growing city after the deity who offered the most useful gift to the mortals. The first city of Athens was Phoenician, and the king who founded it was Cecrops.
Are there any Greek mythology museums?The National Archaeological Museum in Athens boasts a number of images, statues, and carvings connected to Greek Mythology. So it could be considered the closest thing to a Greek Mythology museum.
This Athens Greek Mythology Tour is selling fast! Why wait and miss your spot?
An experience you don’t want to miss!
Enjoyable Greek Mythology Tour for all ages!
Such a fun historical tour. We saw some of the most beautiful ancient temples and buildings and learned about the crazy stories behind them. Iffie or Effie (not sure how to spell her name) was our tour guide, she spoke amazing English and made the tour so enjoyable! I would recommend it to anyone of any age!
Our time spent on Greek Islands and in Athens was amazon, and one of the favorite parts for me was this mythology tour. Our guide told us so many stories about Ancient Athens, the Acropolis Museum, and the archaeological sites we saw on our tour of the Acropolis. A truly memorable tour with a great local guide!
Book Your Athens Greek Mythology Tour Online!
- Visit the most iconic landmarks of Ancient Greece.
- A must-do small group tour for anyone visiting Athens!