The Best Acropolis Museum Tour 2022
Visit the Acropolis Museum with a local tour guide!
About Acropolis Museum Tour
In this tour, you will be guided by an archaeologist that will tell you tales about Ancient Greece that will bring it to life. You will visit landmarks and monuments scattered around the Acropolis and the magnificent Acropolis museum.
Acropolis Museum Tour
Start your Greek adventure on this Acropolis Museum Tour. Travel back in time to ancient Greek times with an archeologist guiding you on your journey. Your private is an experienced archeologist. Once you meet up with your guide, your unique tour of the Acropolis Museum and the Acropolis of Athens will begin. Explore the world’s most famous ancient monuments on your guided tour of the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum.
Listen to your guide share knowledgeable insights about the site and the artifacts inside the Acropolis Museum. Visit the citadel’s ruins and monuments – the Theatre of Dionysus, the Parthenon temple, the Temple of Athena Nike, and many more. Once you’re finished touring the Acropolis, you’ll head out to the rest of your Acropolis Museum tour.
Step inside the New Acropolis Museum for a short break and some refreshments in the museum’s cafe. Ranked one of the top five museums globally, the New Acropolis Museum holds many everyday life relics and statues in several galleries.
- English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Athens guidebook with recommendations
- Map of Athens
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Acropolis & Museum ticket
Tour Meeting Point
Show your ticket to the guide At Fresko Yogurt Bar Acropolis. This location is at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway that takes you from Hadrian’s Arch, Siggrou Avenue (also written as Syngrou), to the Acropolis. Your guide will hold an orange sign, “Athens Walking Tours.”
Please make sure you have cash and a valid ID or Passport for verification of age and nationality to purchase the entrance tickets.
Explore Greece’s ancient archaeological sites with an archaeologist
Visit the hilltop monuments of the Acropolis, including the Parthenon, and admire Athens’ breathtaking skyline from the top of the Acropolis
Get insight into the daily life of Greek civilians at the Acropolis Museum and walk over the glass floor and head to the top of the Acropolis museum and admire the Parthenon temple glass gallery
Book Acropolis Museum Tour Right Away!
This Acropolis Museum tour is selling out fast! Book now!
Good to know before you go
- Infants should be booked with strictly no less than 2 adults
- Each child using a tag-along or a bike seat must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that the total duration of the tour is flexible and adjustable according to the group’s average speed, and it may be a maximum of half an hour less or more than the indicated time
- Free bike seats are provided for infants from 0-4 years
- Be sure to bring an identification document for each participant
- Meals for infants aged 0-4 years old are to be paid on the spot if needed (maximum €15)
- Tours operate rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
- All customers 17 years of age and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Both Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum have free entrance on March 6th, May 18th, and October 28th.
- Bring passport or ID card, sun hat and comfortable shoes
How long does it take to tour Acropolis Museum?
A standard guided tour of the Acropolis Museum takes about two to three hours.
Is the Acropolis museum worth visiting?
Definitely! Visiting the Acropolis Museum is worth it. It’s ranked number 11 on the list of the best museums in the world, and once you visit, you’ll be able to see and learn a lot about the art made 2400 years ago and how it’s taken care of today.
How much does it cost to go to the Acropolis Museum?
The price of your visit will depend on do you want to go on a fully guided tour that also includes Acropolis Hill or if you simply want to purchase the Acropolis Museum Ticket and explore on your own. The Acropolis Museum ticket costs around 10-13 euros, and a museum tour with Acropolis is usually around 60€.
Book Acropolis Museum Tour now!
Easy & Fast booking process
A must-experience tour in Athens!
This guide is a must-do if you are going to tour the Acropolis. I had no idea about the history and what I was viewing. Maritza was amazing and helped explain everything in a fun way. I had an 18-year-old with me who hates museums, but she was asking questions and said this was her favorite part of our trip to Athens. Matriza was helpful and kind. She took great photos of our party and was a joy to have around. If I owned a travel company, I would hire her on the spot.
An absolutely incredible experience, our tour guide was a true professional. We had skip-the-line access to the Acropolis and Museum, which was great! We were debating whether to book a private acropolis tour or this one, but in the end, this one was the right choice and more fun than private tours. We also visited the Odeon of Herodes Atticus ground floor, which was mesmerizing.
Book your Acropolis and Museum Guided Tour Online!
- You’ll have to pay for the entrance fees to the venues separately.
- Enjoy learning all about ancient Athens from a professional archeologist guide.